Proving that breakfast can be more than the sum of its parts…these breakfast tacos will make it hard to ever place an egg between two pieces of bread again. Using our all natural, pasture raised Berkshire breakfast sausage not only makes the tacos delicious, but a healthful alternative to mass produced pork.
1/2lb Nashville Cattle Co Berkshire Breakfast Sausage
6 farm fresh eggs
Freshly shredded cheddar cheese off the block
Finely chopped chives
Pork Powder BBQ rub
Salsa, Hot Sauce, guacamole other assorted taco toppings
- Break up and brown sausage, like you would ground beef, in large nonstick pan and drain, reserving a teaspoon of oil in the pan.
- Break 6 eggs into a medium bowl with a splash of milk and season with Pork Powder. Gently beat eggs until eggs are broken, but not totally scrambled
- Cook eggs, stirring constantly, over low heat
- When eggs are near finished, add cooked sausage and chives. Turn off heat and continue to stir while eggs finish cooking, should still be moist, light and fluffy
- In a separate cast iron skillet or non-stick pan, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Quickly warm corn tortillas in oil until they are fragrant and pliable, 30 seconds per side, drain on paper towels
- Fill tortillas with sausage and egg mixture and top with cheddar cheese , hot sauce and desired toppings